Saturday, November 28, 2009

UGA vs. PeTA

I live in Georgia, land of the peaches and rednecks. My community is tiny- a small town two hours away from Atlanta and anything semi-close to that of a "city". There is hardly anything to do in my town- especially if you are an ARA, such as myself. Most kids at my high school spend their time drinking beer and hunting, a lovely combination. High school football really brings our community together even though we don't have the best team around. So naturally, college and professional football are both highly important, as well. Within the last week UGA's dog, UGA, died of a heart ailment. This dog lasted about two or three years with the college, much like the last did, before killing over. I'm really not in the mood to sugar coat this, guys. The dog died from heart ailments, a cause by inbreeding. Seeing as he was a "purebreed", his family was actually loaded with incest. This, as we all know, causes genetic defects. I stand with PeTA on the idea of getting a robotic dog. Either that or UGA can get over themselves and get a STRAY MUTT, name him UGA, and treat him the same as they've previously treated those poor animals that they've been choosing. For more information on PeTA's stance, go to the link below. And have a good day.

http://blog.peta.org/archives/2009/11/honoring_uga.php

No comments:

Post a Comment